Friday, December 3, 2010

Random posts - Chanel Ciel de Nuit, Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams & Deborah Lippmann Today was a Fairytale

Took some pictures of some gorgeous manis I wore recently and just wanted to post them:


I loved this manicure! It was three coats of Sephora by OPI Havana Dreams - which is a supposed dupe of Chanel Riva. I'm way too broke to be getting $27 nail polish, especially when I have a very similar color. After a few days I topped off the manicure with Lippmann Today Was a Fairytale. I loved it! I tried to make it a gradient. It looked like a manicure a mermaid would wear lol. Since TWaF has a very light greyish-blue jelly base, I had to be super careful to not cover all of HD's color. Need to try this with Boom Boom Pow and a probably OPI Time-less is More (inspired by Reese Witherspoon's dress from an awards show a few years ago).


Chanel Ciel de Nuit - yup, the HTF one that I got on ebay for about $50 - I got really lucky! In case you were wonder, the bottle I'm holding is OPI Creme de Menthe (which I have sold sadly, because I just don't give it enough love and it cost me a pretty penny on ebay). The gorgeous little glitter sparkles in the Chanel just don't show through in the picture :( It's a subtle but still noticeably pretty effect indoors.

I never realized how to take good nail polish pictures until I figured out that using the "outdoors" mode with flash on my crappy camera makes taking pictures indoors less of a PITA! That's why the pics are so clear! I probably won't post that often (like I have been doing now), but if I have some awesome manis I will definitely post pics of those!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I have a bottle of authentic Chanel Ciel De Nuit Night Sky for sale!!! DISCONTINUED! ABIGAILAVAWEDDING@GMAIL.COM


    Used a MAXIMUM of 1 time for a manicure pedicure. This nail polish is a rare discontinued color. It looks BRAND NEW in its bottle and I also have the original box! Completely unavailable and more rare than any other Chanel item. Coveted, unique and surely a collector's item. and I have seen it go on eBay for over $175.00! It is a gorgeous dark and sultry blue with a hint of tasteful silver shimmer. Worth every penny! Serious inquiries only, I am willing to negotiate pricing slightly, but please make a fair offer as it will go to the highest offer and you don't want this to get by you! I am happy to ship anywhere! ABIGAILAVAWEDDING@GMAIL.COM

    Thank you Chanel lovers!


    https://post.craigslist.org/manage/2349670443

    ReplyDelete