Thursday, January 10, 2013

Super Belated Holiday Patchwork Mani!

I'm back again! I have pictures of my Christmas/holiday patchwork mani I did this year. I didn't want to take it off, but the tipwear was getting on my nerves! I snapped the pictures on day 3 or 4. It lasted a while! I looooove patchwork manicures! They are easy to do (which is why I do them) but tend to be time consuming because I have to wait for things to dry and it usually takes me a few hours because I don't always do them, usually 5 times a year max, and only for holidays (so I can break out the color schemes). 

I did the same color scheme as I have in my previous years of doing the Christmas patchwork mani - red, white and green, with a red and green glitter topped over the white. This year I used Sally Hansen Red Carpet (amazing red glitter in a jelly base, dupe for China Glaze Ruby Pumps), Elianto Racing Green (beautiful foil green with gold glitter), Sally Hansen White On (one of the best whites I have ever used, hands down), and Sephora by OPI Good Tidings We Bling! as the glitter topper. I wish the $OPI didn't have a slightly dark base, because it muddied the white and made it less prominent than I had wanted. Click the pictures to enlarge! 

And please ignore the time stamps, I was night kayaking and capsized, with my camera in my pocket to take night photos. To my surprise it survived and still works fine, but it reset itself and so the time stamp does not match the actual time, and I use the SD slot in my computer to transfer pictures so it can't correct itself :)













Hope everyone had great holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment