Thursday, July 5, 2012

Another 4th of July mani, One Year and a Day Late!

I had a niggling feeling that I had done an Independence Day patchwork mani before, and I found the pics of the one I had done last year for July 4th on my Flickr account! Here they are:

My left hand. I loved the flag I did, though it literally took almost an hour to do just one finger because I wanted the stripes to be perfectly straight. I didn't have striping tape, so I just stuck to using the Sinful Colors nail art polishes with the thin brush and went very slowly to make perfectly straight lines. It was such a pain in the butt that I resorted to doing my handy dandy signature patchwork because it was much easier to do and still was an eye-catcher! I can't remember the name of the blue, but it was the Sinful Colors bottle I was holding in my hand, and was on display for the 4th of July last year, along with the nail pens. The white was Rescue Beauty Lounge (RBL) Underwear, and the red creme was RBL Chinoise. The stars are a random cheapie n/p. I remember rushing to do this patchwork because it was late, and I had to go to sleep, so it isn't as sharp as I usually like (like the one I did for this year, in the post before this one).

DSCI0324


DSCI0316

DSCI0325DSCI0315

My right hand. I am right-handed, so doing nail art on my right hand is a bit of a challenge sometimes, but I am getting better at writing with my left hand with so much practice! I was so tired I didn't even bother doing a patchwork, so I just resorted to a funky french, with RBL Chinoise for the red, and RBL Dead Calm for the blue.

DSCI0318





















At the county fair, I usually wander around alone because my dad is off at the horse races all day, so I'm left to myself. I try to read outside for a while, get bored and hot, and then walk around, seeking solace in the air-conditioned buildings. I really like looking at the mostly student artwork, some by adults, and this picture was one submitted by an adult! I was happily surprised to see a picture of nail polish. I think I identified the polish as China Glaze Atlantis (that's how I get people to believe I have over 1000, prob. 2000 n/p is by ID'ing what they are wearing!). It was so cool I took a picture of the picture lol.

DSCI0339
\
Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment